Thursday 5 July 2012

Avian Faces Series, #3 - the Boobook Owl


I'm glad I was able to gather enough material to work on another Avian Faces Series painting dedicated to an owl, the Boobook Owl, Ninox Novaeseelandiae. I see owls' faces as some of the most expressive in the avian world and the four represented here are only a few among the wide subtle range I could see.




In this post, I would also like to share the interview that Jenica Smith released on her website.


Also, for those who are interested in buying prints, at last, after the originals I sold, I have selected 8 paintings which are now being scanned and will soon become prints. I'm planning to open my Etzy shop within next week, finger crossed!

All the best
M

10 comments:

  1. Hi, Matteo,
    Very lovely and sensitive! (Owls can teach me how to wink) You've got to tell us how to make masterpieces everytime!
    Cheers,Sadami

    ReplyDelete
  2. J'aime cette belle série... Vos aquarelles sont pleines de fraîcheur.

    Gros bisous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Matteo, these are brilliant! I would never have thought to see such expressions with birds, but why not! Truly beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marvelous work and the expressions on the faces, marvelous. Really brilliant art.
    Lovely greet
    Marja
    (marjascreativity)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful and so adorable, Matteo!
    I just love how you painted it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your owl studies are charming and quite lovely. I'll keep an eye out for your new Etsy shop - best of luck with it. I'm sure you'll do very well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you very very much everybody.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wonderful owl studies, I recently painted an eagle owl - nowhere near as good as yours! they have such amazing eyes - it's good to see you start with the eyes - straight to the soul of the painting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Sharon, it's very nice of you.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...