Friday 12 October 2012

Matteo Grilli Wildlife Art Christmas Ideas


I've been rather busy lately stocking up my online store for the upcoming season, which is always exciting as it is a chance to look back into what I've been working on for the last few years and find a new way to look at my creative endavours. For instance, there was a big painting, a composition of many feathers of different Australian bird species that I was not sure what to make out of it, so I decided to cut out every feather with tiny sissors and mount them on a hard paper board and here we go! A new collection of bookmarks. The same with a few more feathers and a couple of Eucalyptus leaves from a painting that has never been finished.


I also decided to take some more paintings to be professionally scanned and released as open edition archival Giclee reproductions. It was the right time to get this Pale-headed Rosella out there, a bird and a painting I'm very fond of. This bird used to come and visit the big tree in our backyard and this is one of my earliest study of Australian birds. It is now available as small, medium-size and large print.


Probably not so colorful as a parrot, but certainly not less intersting or charming, the Bush-stone Curlews of the first painting of the Avian Faces Series could not be missing from this selection. The four faces of this awesome bird are also available as small, medium-size and large prints.


For those who love the colours of australian cockatoos, here we have the Galahs feeding on the ground after a storm. This painting is also available as small, medium-size and large print.


My last choice was for the Sulphur-crested Cockatoo, who after a feed on our veranda, decided to observe and study myself sitting on the chair in front of him, revealing his curious and inquisitive nature, as well as the other paintings this is also available as small, medium-size and large print.
Each print is individually signed and dated. For more informations regarding sizes and shipping, please follow the links provided.

My work is not over, I'm now organizing for getting greeting cards printed and I hope to be able to release them very soon.
I'm open to suggestions and feedback and I would love to hear from you, 
until next time,
all the best,
M

14 comments:

  1. Hi, Matteo,
    Hope everything goes well!
    Uploaded work is very beautiful as usual.
    Kind regards, Sadami

    ReplyDelete
  2. C'est un véritable régal que d'admirer Matteo vos merveilleuses oeuvres... Dernièrement j'ai passé un délicieux moment en allant visiter le parc ornithologique de Villars les Dombes dans l'Ain. Je crois qu'il faudrait des jours et des jours pour apprécier à la juste hauteur nos amis les oiseaux.
    Vos aquarelles sont fantastiques et fascinantes. J'aime votre souci du détail.
    Merci pour cette éblouissante publication.
    Gros bisous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci beaucoup Martine, tu es tres tres gentille.

      Delete
  3. Mateo your work is so special and so beautiful. Love the soft colors of your paintings.
    lovely greet and nice weekend
    Marja
    (marjascreativity)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Matteo:) No I have no suggestions (...) only feedback: beautiful! Have a nice weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Matteo, I love the stone curlew paintings,delicate and beautiful.The open-eyed image looks so alert,the eye sparkles with life force!

    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Matteo,

    The feather bookmark idea is wonderful!!! I'm looking forward to seeing your greeting cards, too. Your work is beautiful and I wish you much success this season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gabrielle, not long before releasing greeting cards..

      Delete
  7. Hello Matteo, your work is beautiful, i do a little painting of birds but the way you capture the personality of the birds is outstanding. A Calendar would be one idea, i would definately buy one.
    warm regards,
    brenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brenada, thanks for your comment, calendars are in my 'to do list', I actually wanted to make them available for this year but it ended up being too costly for me at the moment, maybe next year.
      All the best.
      M

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...