Thursday 27 January 2011

The Sleeping Birds Series goes on...



I am a half way to finish this collection (10 artworks so far) ... this time I'm posting the Silver Gull and the Emu. I tried to use as less colour as possible for the Silver Gull, which is easy for gulls since they're very light coloured, while I needed to use a bit more for the sleeping Emu, I had this very close and sweet contact at the Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary in Brisbane. I can see in the Emu the influence that Louis Agassiz Fuertes has had on me...

6 comments:

  1. matteo i tuoi studi sugli uccelli sono molto interessanti, bravo!

    saluti da Roma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grazie Angela! Detto da te mi fa davvero molto piacere!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love this sleeping emu, it looks so "real", there is so much detail in the feathers. Excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No dejo ni un momento de sorprenderme y de alegrarme por haber encontrado tu blog, la verdad que dan ganas de pintar viendo tus trabajos, enhorabuena y saludos. Jose

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you DeeBee! Gracias José, estoy muy contento de que te gusta mi trabajo, nos vemos pronto!

    Matteo

    ReplyDelete
  6. fantastico Matteo !!! GRACIAS POR SEGUIR MI BLOG
    Un saludo
    Pedro

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...